1.UVic Mental Health Resources https://www.uvic.ca/hr/health-wellness/mental-health/index.php
Where the following may be accessed:
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Reference Guide (copy attached)
- More tips and resources: Workplace strategies for mental health
2. Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) https://www.uvic.ca/hr/health-wellness/employee-family-assistance/index.php
Employee EFAP Assistance Information (EFAP brochure attached)
How do I access EFAP?
What to expect when phoning for EFAP services
- Select one of the following options:
- Option 1 for individual urgent or crisis assistance
- Option 2 for standard appointment booking or re-booking
- Option 3 for Critical Incident Response (Groups)
- You will be asked a series of questions for the purposes of matching your situation to the right service and security/privacy assurance (such as your mother’s maiden name or date of birth)
- For safety reasons, every caller will be asked a question assessing the possible risk of harm to themselves or others at the beginning of the call
What is the cost?
- This is a 100 per cent employer covered benefit for eligible employees and their dependents.
- The EFAP benefit covers the cost of short-term counseling sessions. If longer term or more specialized counseling is required, you will be referred to a community resource that you can afford.
3. Community resources
- Anywhere in BC 1-800-SUICIDE: 1-800-784-2433.
- Mental Health Support Line: 310-6789
- Vancouver Island Crisis Line and Chat:
4. Employee Benefits https://www.uvic.ca/hr/pay-benefits/handbooks/index.php (e.g., clinical psychology/counselling)
To access Benefit Handbooks and Quick Reference Guides by employee group (links below)
5. Mental health awareness training by Dawn Schell
Is offered through the employee learning calendar. Please review the training schedule in the employee learning registration system.
6. EFAP Health and Wellness Education
On focused health and wellness topics such as sleep. Please review the training schedule in the employee learning registration system.
7. If a critical incident occurs in the workplace
- Call 911 and contact Campus Security
- Notify Human Resources
8. Addictions & Substance Abuse
All support programs in Victoria Resources